Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Things I Hear Myself Say

Holy crap, I'm actually posting!

So I feel like I can't write about the school at which I work, and that's part of the reason I haven't been posting, because I feel like I don't have anything to write about. But that's a lie, because I still haven't written about my grandma's 90th birthday party, or my sister's graduation, or my German friend Alex's visit to America. So I'm full of it.

But I thought of something I CAN do when it comes to talking about my job. I've decided to start a "Things I Hear Myself Say At School" list. I'd love to write about the three to six-year-old kids I work with and all the funny things they say, but that would be inappropriate, so instead I think I'll write about the ridiculous things I hear myself say, either because of poor wording or the absurdity of the situation. So here we go.

1. (to two students) "Would you like to work on some spooning together?" (Montessori has an activity called "spooning," for which students transfer dry goods from one bowl to another with a spoon).

2. (to two students) "We do not torment our friends, and we do not respond by hitting them in the face with a shoe."

3. "My armpits don't look weird!"

4. And the classic...."Please wash the pee off your face."

1 comment:

Michael Goldberg said...

That's great. But you do have lots of things you can write about! And your armpits do look kinda weird.