Monday, August 23, 2010

Birthday Surprises

So eight thousand years ago (April, actually), Nonna turned 90 years old. Thus, my dad, his wife, one of my sisters, and myself all flew out to New Jersey (woo!) to attend her surprise birthday party. Actually, the fact that it was a surprise party was a surprise for all of us, except my uncle (the party planner). At first I was confused why we were not informed of this prior to the party, but considering my family members and their communication abilities, the fact that the surprise party was indeed a surprise to everyone is not in fact very surprising.

Her birthday party was held at Lambertville Station, a train-station-turned-restaurant in Lambertville, New Jersey. The town of Lambertville is really quaint and cute, so Gloria, Beccah, Dad, and I wandered around for a while before the party started.
When my grandma walked in, she was pretty confused. So instead of blaming the quality of this picture on the lighting or my cheap camera or my inability to take photographs, I'll just say this is an artistic representation of my grandma's emotions in that moment of surprise. Yup, that's it.Nonna and her (crazy) sons.And her (not crazy) granddaughters.Beccah and I with Nonna. Doesn't she look thrilled?!We had a fancy dinner and then cake!But not without the obligatory frustration!Yay!After dinner, we stopped at The Happiest Place on Earth--Trader Joes--for some bread, cheese, and wine. My dad is O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D with Trader Joes, so I took a picture of him with the love of his life.Then we went to my uncle's house to do what Italians do best--eat, drink, and yell at each other.It even made Nonna laugh!Quite the surprise!

No comments: