I have a question--why are small liberal arts colleges always in the middle of nowhere? Knox, Beloit, Marlboro, Grinnell, Oberlin. All in the boonies. Maybe because it's easier to smoke pot without getting caught when all the town has is a police force of three?
OMG Oberlin. It was one of the few colleges I visited during my own college search, and all I remember about the drive was this:

Then once in a while, this:
Then more of this:
And honestly, I think that's mostly true about the drive to Galesburg as well.Anyway, my Uncle Ralph was supposed to send me his (much better) pictures of the weekend, but still hasn't. That's one of the reasons it's taken me three months to write about this. Also, incredible laziness. But I'll do my best with what I have.
We went out to eat at a fancy-ish restaurant on Friday night in a nearby town, which is even more in the middle of nowhere than Galesburg. In fact, the drive looked like the above pictures, except with really cool clouds:

The next day was graduation. Like my own Beloit graduation, we got rained out and had to move indoors. All 146,875 of us. That's OK, we were still all smiles!
This is my mom and Tess demonstrating our family's signature Lunatic Wave, which I believe began at my 5th grade band concert and has continued until now.
Unlike my own graduation, Beccah didn't have to move out of her dorm until the day AFTER graduation (at Beloit you had to move out the second you graduated), so we got to stroll around and have a nice dinner in Galesburg before the madness of moving out the next day. Praise the Lord. The drive home, of course, looked like this:
There's not much to do during that drive except think, and this is what I believe some of us were thinking on the way home from Galesburg:Beccah: S***!
Tess: Horsies!
Carolyn: Podcasts, anyone?
Nonna: I'm going to kill that bitch who cheated me out of $1.80 back in 1953.
Mom and Dad: Two down, one to go!!!
1 comment:
"Hey, Carolyn...is that a really cute dress...with a BELT?! When did you get trendy?" you would not be alone.
--THIS MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD!!
Post a Comment