Friday, May 7, 2010

Revenge

So a couple weeks ago I mentioned having some awesome side effects to the antibiotic I was prescribed for my sinus infection. And how my doctor made me finish the whole bottle after I called him--weak, morose, desperate--and failed to convince him to let me switch to a different one. I think I also mentioned my doctor being a little crazy. So there was really only one option once I finished the bottle.

My mom asked me, "Do you want me to throw this bottle away?"

"No," I said, "No, because I'm going to smash it into a million pieces and mail it to Jason."

"YOU HAVE TO!" she said, cackling wildly.

Eventually I decided against it, thinking it would be creepy and weird. But then, a few days later, my mom had a conversation with Dr. Jason regarding her own health, and it was during this discussion that Dr. Jason made fun of me. ME, HIS LOYAL, SUFFERING PATIENT. My mom told him I was thinking about sending him the pill bottle smashed into pieces, and he had a good laugh.

Well, when my mom told me about this conversation, and about the derogatory term he used to describe me, I thought to myself, "Carolyn? Have ye no balls?" And I got to work on smashing the hell out of that pill bottle.

I got a hammer, aimed......and fired.Full of rage I am.It was a bit explosive.I kept my name and the drug's name intact so he would know EXACTLY who it was from.Then I mailed it to him. No note. Just a ziplock full of crushed plastic and a return address.

That'll teach him to torture and then mock me!

I only feel sorry for his poor, poor receptionist.

4 comments:

Beccah said...

Cool, Carolyn -- because Jason didn't ALREADY think our family was ABSOLUTELY CRAZY! Now he has physical proof of our insanity. Cool.

mama lanni said...

"cackling wildly" wtf?

Chrysa said...

I love you even more after reading this post. BT-dubs, that's kind of what I looked like making my Pina Colada...only less filled with rage.

Anonymous said...

I HAVE THOSE PENGUIN SOCKS TOO!!!
~Holly