Monday, May 3, 2010

Health Center Redux

So if you read this, you might be wondering if I ever called the health center to ask about their dire need for information about my menstrual cycle. I did call, and after talking with the woman on the phone, I kind of understand why they ask those crazy questions. *GASP!* I'm a flip-flopper!

They use the same form whether you're an undergraduate who plans to live on campus, or a graduate student who never plans to actually go to the main campus ever. And if you're an undergraduate, you will likely visit the health center one day--perhaps to discuss testicular or period problems--and they wouldn't mind having a little history about you available. This I sort-of understand. They could just as easily ask you while you're sitting there if you've ever had these types of problems before, but I 'spose I understand why they would enjoy having this information already on hand. I still kinda think it's ridiculous, but I also kinda understand.

So with that, I say, sorry about the rant, Health Center. Don't take it personally. Honestly, I'm flattered that you like to talk about my period as much as I do. Mike probably wishes I would talk to you about it more often so I leave him alone. (You may now commence feeling sorry for Mike...but honestly, it's the least he can do to make up for the fact that he doesn't get periods.)

And that's the end of that chapter.

No comments: