Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Encore

Welcome to my spin-off blog!

As I am no longer in Taiwan (or Argentina), I am creating a new blog! This means I will (*tear*) stop posting on Carolyn's Adventures in Taiwan (not Thailand).

I really enjoyed writing on my travel blog. Although I still feel a complicated series of emotions when someone comments ("Yay! A comment! Yipee! Oh God! Someone reads my blog! Noo! Yaay!"), I like documenting events for my future forgetful self and keeping in touch with family and friends. And, I guess, some strangers. Which I'm fine with, really...I'm a total blog stalker too. If you are reading this and have your own blog, chances are I already read it. Seriously, I'm that bad. Don't be ashamed.

This new blog will be about a lot of things--traveling, food, adventures in my normal American life...hopefully you will find it as interesting as the last blog, despite its lack of Taiwanese children and consumption of chicken hearts.

One thing this blog will NOT include is politics. I swear! No matter how many times Glenn Beck calls the library "free" or Obama bows to Japanese emperors or Republicans and Democrats...be Republicans and Democrats. I already suffer from heart palpitations, I don't need to include political rants on my blog. I used to be really into politics, but I've realized that my life is so much more peaceful when I don't read the newspaper. If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife...or read the newspaper.

I'm pretty sure that line was in the original lyrics.

Not that I'm against the newspaper! I'm ALL FOR newspapers and AGAINST online news! Long live the newspaper!!!

Obviously, though, there will be many (hypocritical) rants on this blog.

Welcome!

2 comments:

dad said...

YOU LIE.... You love the daily show

mama lanni said...

I swear. NO POLITICAL RANTS from me.