Lucky kitties!
Marge went first because he most loves the outdoors (ie: WILL NOT SHUT UP UNTIL I TAKE HIM OUTSIDE).
Marge enjoys watching Planet Earth, chilling with Mike (seriously, those two are in love), and taking long walks on the beach.
Did I tell you about the time he escaped, got stuck in a tree, and the fire department came and got him out? That's pretty much the story. Except when the fireman was carrying him down the ladder, Marge jumped out of his arms, ran over to our back door, opened the screen door with his claws, and ran inside. It was pretty remarkable that he did that all by himself. It's also remarkable that firemen actually get cats out of trees.
Then it was Taffy's turn. Taffy is my sister Tess' cat, and he enjoys dragging himself sideways across carpet, jumping on people's backs, and hiding in boxes.
But look how cute he is now!
Is this cat not ridiculous?
Romeo's hobbies include looking grumpy, eating my hair, and meowing at walls. I would LOVE to get a pet psychic up in here. They would run out of our house screaming.
But I'd never call myself a "cat person." I like both dogs and cats equally. We didn't even have cats until I was a sophomore in high school--when we got Romeo--and before we got cats, I thought I was a "dog person." But I had no experience with cats, so I didn't know what I was talking about. I think what most people dislike is the stereotype of cats, and if they lived with a couple cats, they would realize how awesome they are too. I LOVE dogs, but there's so much drama and politics that goes on with cats that you don't get with dogs. It's so entertaining. And Spocky is pretty much a dog anyway, in terms of affection. When you walk in the door, he immediately starts meowing and wants you to pick him up. So BOTH cats and dogs are awesome! So sayeth me.
Our family also has three African water frogs. My mom did that thing where you get tadpoles in the mail, then raise them as frogs. That was back in 1990. I was in kindergarten, and those crazy frogs ARE STILL ALIVE. My mom said the package said something like, "If you take REALLY good care of them, they'll live a whole year!" Well apparently our frogs are immortal. Our dog is blind and deaf, our cats are crazy, and our frogs are immortal.
And the humans in the house? Totally normal.
Just as this graph from xkcd illustrates.
It's so true, it hurts.
2 comments:
I want a cat leash! Actually I want one of those cat baby strollers.
~Holly
P.S. I think you should show a picture of Juliet - I don't think I have ever seen her except maybe once when Tess dragged her out during Whovilleopoly.
So this is what you do with your time...must have been bored, eh? The pictures are great,though....of everyone.. The humans..normal? Surely, you are only speaking of me, I mean, really, look around this family...
Post a Comment